Note: If you can't cast elusion or rescue, BRING RESCUE POTIONS. You can't leave the desert otherwise without taking a logoff penalty.
The new desert area. It is EXTREMELY dangerous. Populated by xeos, golems, diseased trees, and deadly bandits, only the most powerful characters should venture here.
The environment itself wants you dead as the desert cycles through four elements, each with their own counters and dangers. Bring resist rings!! If you don't have them, farm them from Narthyl Worms and Trolls
Portal to New Desert
The Portal located in Chamber of the Mocker.
If it is not open, give Princess Kateriina any heartstone shard and you will see this message: Princess Kateriina says, "Indeed, you are Meridian's best hope against this threat. You and any companions you deem fit may ascend to the Chamber of the Mocker and use the portal my mages have established. It will take you to the source of the Xeochicatl threat, but, beyond that, we know little."
The portal will then be opened upstairs in the tower accessed through the doors behind her.
- Mobs: Acid Xeos and Earth Golems
- Environmental Effects: Elemental Acid
- The toxic rain of the desert will corrode your bare skin. Wearing a helmet will protect you.
|This monster is level 150.||This monster is level 200.||View of Acid Desert|
- Mobs: Ro'xeochicatls, Fire Golems
- Environmental Effects - Elemental Heat
- The desert heat will burn you every few seconds if you are wearing armor.
- Removing Chest armor or robes will prevent you from taking damage. (you still can use: helmet, gauntlets, and shields)
|This monster is level 170.||This monster is level 200.||View of Fire Desert|
- Mobs: Ice creatures, ice xeos, ice golems.
- Environmental Effects - Elemental Blizzard
- The freezing winds of the desert will damage you unless you are wearing disciple robes (it doesn't matter what dedication).
|This monster is level 160.||This monster is level 200.||This monster is level 190||View of Snowy Desert|
- Mobs: Ve'ro'xeochicatls and Diseased Trees
- Environmental Effects - Elemental Static Shock
- The safest of the desert's elements.
- Growing bright spots will appear and give you a temporary boost to shock resistance.
|This monster is level 170.||This monster is level 150.|
This desert nomad has been hardened by a life of danger and hardship. It would not be wise to trifle with the tribe.
They can be found on Desert - Desolate Dunes.
|This monster is level 150.||Nomad Bandit Chest|
The Ancient Tomb
- The Ancient Tomb can be found on Desert - Desolate Dunes.
|Ancient Tomb Entrance||This monster is level 150.||The view of Ancient Tomb||Sorcerous Mortuary|
Located throughout the desert are timeworn altars. Interacting with these altars can bless you with shillings or experience points, or curse you with negative effects.
Also, they can kill you with their magic.
|Close up of an altar||Shrine with the altar|
The shifting sands of the desert are always in motion, regularly changing the landscape. As a general rule, heading east from the portal will eventually lead you to a sheer cliff. There is a break in the cliff leading to the zone connecting the Waylay Oasis. This zone is extremely dangerous, with constant barrages of elements that you must avoid by hiding in cracks. If you are caught in these waves without high resists, death is certain.
You cannot leave by dying, as Xaerdun controls life and death in the desert. Dying will send you to Eternal Wastes, where you must bargain with him for your escape. If you say "summon" to him, he will summon your corpse after a set time, allowing you to loot it. You can buy One Pre-Packaged Soul for 64,000 shillings to buy your way out. If you don't have the shillings, Xaerdun will accept a sacrifice of 2 HPs in exchange for passage to the land of the living. Regardless of your means of escape, you still face normal death penalties. Once you have revived, you will find yourself in the Waylay Oasis.