Maze of the Minotaur
Bring torches and ways to heal yourself. Magical sources of light will not work and the maze is very dark. Move slowly or plan on dying. Between the various hidden traps and dangerous creatures, it's best to plan on dying until you are familiar with it. Races with heightened night vision do not require torches.
These floor traps are visible and are on a set timer. They are safe to stand on until the trap launches. If you are caught in the trap, you will take a moderate amount of damage with temporary paralysis.
These nasty devices are easily destroyed but will either curse you with Exhaustion, Fester, or Sever; or rapidly strike you with Fireball or Lightning Bolt. Even when destroyed, they will return in a few seconds.
"The Test of Mind and Body is in the southwest 5x5 section, the Ancient Armory is in the southeast 5x5, the Lava Frog is in the northeast 5x5, and the ice dragon is in the northwest 5x5"
SKILL AND SPELL MASTERIES Available in the maze for completing The Test of Mind and Body.
ADEPT ABILITIES If you conquer the maze, you may choose ONE spell or skill to master above all others.
- Hermitage: you are virtually immune to hexes.
- Fencing: you gain defense equal to half your fencing weapon's listed offense bonus. Includes mods.
- Shield Wall: you block enemy passage three squares to your left and right instead of one. (Enough to block Main Gate passages in Tos, CN, BQ, etc)
- Valiant Charge: triple the distance traveled.
- Scimitar Wielders can drain small amounts of vigor with their strikes.
- Dagger Wielders gain defense as they get lower in health.
- Hammer Wielders can make short leaps at enemies to close the gap to melee raneg.
- Inert Form specialists can triple their resistance to elemental ailments.
- Earthquake specialists damage triple the range.
- Flame Dash specialists travel triple the distance.
- Fireball specialists can deal splash damage.
- Lightning bolt specialists can chain lightning bolts to one extra target (prioritizes enemy players).