Revision as of 20:08, 11 June 2018 by Nabbs1
Mysterious Crystal Shard
The mysterious shard of some unknown crystal hums with energy. Using it on a piece of equipment will grant the item to magical modifications.
Shards are essentially permanent weapon enchantments that have their own category and stack with school based weapon enchantments (i.e. holy weapon, enchant weapon, etc), as well as weapon modifiers (magic weapons found by drop chance). The strength of the random enchantments provided by a shard are dependent on the item level of the equipment in question. A lvl 200 sword dropped from a high level mob will have much stronger random enchantments when a shard is used than, say, a lvl 20 weapon.
This mysterious shard will imbue a piece of mundane equipment with one(1) or two(2) magical modifications. Enchanting the minor shard to a mundane equipment:
+ Equipment is Indestructible.
+ Defense/offense rating bonus.
+ Random bonus on Resistance.
This mysterious shard of some unknown crystal hums with energy. Using it on a piece of equipment will grant the item three(3) to six(6) magical modifications.
+ Equipment is indestructible.
+ Defense/offense rating.
+ Base damage
+ Magical resistance.
+ Random Bonus on Stat (Might, Agility, Aim, Health, Vigor, etc)
+ Random bonus on Resistance.
Shard of Empowerment
Shards of Improvement
Shards of Disturbance
Shards of Disruption
Heartstones as Major Shard
|Heartstone Shard #||Element Effect||Stats Bonus|
|Red||+ Fire Resistance & Fire Damage||+ Health|
|Blue||+ Cold Resistance & Cold Damage||+ Mana|
|Green||+ Acid Resistance & Acid Damage||+ Vigor|
|Sky||+ Shock Resistance & Shock Damage||+ Offense|
SHARDS You can now obtain a shard one tier higher for some of the previous shard, using a shard fusing device. You can also split a shard into some of the next lower tier, using a shard shattering device. Both devices are available for purchase as guild hall upgrades. The efficiency of the devices depends on the quality of the hall. The lowest quality halls can fuse 8 into 1 of the higher tier and shatter 1 into 2 of the lower tier. The highest quality halls can fuse 4 into 1 of the higher tier and shatter 1 into 4 of the lower tier.
Minor > Augmentation > Improvement > Major > Disturbance > Disruption > Draining > Instilling > Empowerment
Heartstone shards have been upgraded from weighted Majors to weighted Disturbance shards. What this means is that instead of 3-6 mods, they will generate 1-2. However, there are two buffs. First, their effects have been improved: their weighted mods can be stronger now. Second, they don't require a draining shard to use repeatedly. They will reroll over items with 1-2 mods like a Shard of Disturbance. The new item creation path with these (instead of heartstone, drain, heartstone, drain, etc), goes like this:
- 1: Heartstone shard repeatedly until you get a good mod(s).
- 2: If you only have one mod but you want to keep it, use a Shard of Augmentation to reach 2 mods.
- 3: Use a shard of improvement to reach 3 mods.
- 4: Use shards of empowerment to reach your desired final number of mods.
- 5: If at any point you get a bad mod, use a draining shard and then start over.
Unlike normal shards, with heartstones you can't rely on Instilling Shards to fine-tune rolls on your item. The boosted mod that heartstones give will be reduced to normal values if you use an Instilling Shard.
Major hearstone shards - the kind you get from beating a Prism dungeon - can now be used as Shards of Disruption. This means they will generate 3-6 mods; aka they are better heartstone shards. However, they are also used as Bond reagents, so employ sparingly.
By using the power of the guild hall as a forge, these offer the long-awaited ability to combine and downgrade shards as needed. Fusing rates range from 8 into 1 higher (worst) to 4 into 1 higher (best). Shattering rates from 1 into 2 lower (worst) to 1 into 4 lower (best).
- Mercenary Alley - Fuse 8 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Ivory Chapel - Fuse 8 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Sewer Hideout - Fuse 8 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Abandoned Warehouse - Fuse 8 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Jaarba's Abode - Fuse 7 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Konima's Abandoned Dwelling - Fuse 7 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Hall of Explorers - Fuse 7 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Friends of the Forest - Fuse 6 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- West Tower - Fuse 6 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 3 lower
- Bookmaker's - Fuse 5 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 3 lower
- Den of Shadows - Fuse 5 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 3 lower
- Wryn's Keep - Fuse 4 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 4 lower
- Old Dwarven - Fuse 4 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 4 lower
- Slaughtered Command - Fuse 4 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 4 lower
- Waylay Oasis - Fuse 4 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 4 lower