Mysterious Crystal Shard
The mysterious shard of some unknown crystal hums with energy. Using it on a piece of equipment will grant the item to magical modifications.
Shards are essentially permanent weapon enchantments that have their own category and stack with school based weapon enchantments (i.e. holy weapon, enchant weapon, etc), as well as weapon modifiers (magic weapons found by drop chance).
All sharded items become indestructible.
The strength of the random enchantments provided by a shard are dependent on the item level of the equipment in question. A lvl 200 sword dropped from a high level mob will have much stronger random enchantments when a shard is used than, say, a lvl 20 weapon.
"Weak" is when the item has 1-2 enchantments where "strong" is 3-6.
This mysterious shard will imbue a piece of mundane equipment with one(1) or two(2) magical modifications. Enchanting the minor shard to a mundane equipment:
+ Equipment is Indestructible.
+ Defense/offense rating bonus.
+ Random bonus on Resistance.
This mysterious shard of some unknown crystal hums with energy. Using it on a piece of equipment will grant the item three(3) to six(6) magical modifications.
+ Equipment is indestructible.
+ Defense/offense rating.
+ Base damage
+ Magical resistance.
+ Random Bonus on Stat (Might, Agility, Aim, Health, Vigor, etc)
+ Random bonus on Resistance.
+ Random elemental damage bonus.
Shard of Empowerment
Shards of Improvement
Shards of Disturbance
Shards of Disruption
Heartstone shards as Major Shard
|Heartstone Shard #||Element Effect||Stats Bonus|
|Red||+ Fire Resistance & Fire Damage||+ Health|
|Blue||+ Cold Resistance & Cold Damage||+ Mana|
|Green||+ Acid Resistance & Acid Damage||+ Vigor|
|Sky||+ Shock Resistance & Shock Damage||+ Offense|
|Black||+ Unholy Resistance & Unholy Damage||+ Offense|
|White||+ Holy Resistance & Holy Damage||+ Offense|
|Purple||none||+ Mana, Vigor|
|Brown||none||+ Offense, Defense|
SHARDS You can now obtain a shard one tier higher for some of the previous shard, using a shard fusing device. You can also split a shard into some of the next lower tier, using a shard shattering device. Both devices are available for purchase as guild hall upgrades. The efficiency of the devices depends on the quality of the hall. The lowest quality halls can fuse 8 into 1 of the higher tier and shatter 1 into 2 of the lower tier. The highest quality halls can fuse 4 into 1 of the higher tier and shatter 1 into 4 of the lower tier.
Minor > Augmentation > Improvement > Major > Disturbance > Disruption > Draining > Instilling > Empowerment
Heartstone shards have been upgraded from weighted Majors to weighted Disturbance shards. What this means is that instead of 3-6 mods, they will generate 1-2. However, there are two buffs. First, their effects have been improved: their weighted mods can be stronger now. Second, they don't require a draining shard to use repeatedly. They will reroll over items with 1-2 mods like a Shard of Disturbance. The new item creation path with these (instead of heartstone, drain, heartstone, drain, etc), goes like this:
- 1: Heartstone shard repeatedly until you get a good mod(s).
- 2: If you only have one mod but you want to keep it, use a Shard of Augmentation to reach 2 mods.
- 3: Use a shard of improvement to reach 3 mods.
- 4: Use shards of empowerment to reach your desired final number of mods.
- 5: If at any point you get a bad mod, use a draining shard and then start over.
Unlike normal shards, with heartstones you can't rely on Instilling Shards to fine-tune rolls on your item. The boosted mod that heartstones give will be reduced to normal values if you use an Instilling Shard.
Major hearstone shards - the kind you get from beating a Prism dungeon - can now be used as Shards of Disruption. This means they will generate 3-6 mods; aka they are better heartstone shards. However, they are also used as Bond reagents, so employ sparingly.
By using the power of the guild hall as a forge, these offer the long-awaited ability to combine and downgrade shards as needed. Fusing rates range from 8 into 1 higher (worst) to 4 into 1 higher (best). Shattering rates from 1 into 2 lower (worst) to 1 into 4 lower (best).
- Mercenary Alley - Fuse 8 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Ivory Chapel - Fuse 8 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Sewer Hideout - Fuse 8 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Abandoned Warehouse - Fuse 8 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Jaarba's Abode - Fuse 7 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Konima's Abandoned Dwelling - Fuse 7 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Hall of Explorers - Fuse 7 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- Friends of the Forest - Fuse 6 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 2 lower
- West Tower - Fuse 6 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 3 lower
- Bookmaker's - Fuse 5 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 3 lower
- Den of Shadows - Fuse 5 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 3 lower
- Wryn's Keep - Fuse 4 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 4 lower
- Old Dwarven - Fuse 4 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 4 lower
- Slaughtered Command - Fuse 4 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 4 lower
- Waylay Oasis - Fuse 4 into 1 higher, Shatter 1 into 4 lower
Primary stats, Health, and weapon damage are up to +1 per 50 item levels. Max is currently +6 only obtainable on god gifts like a Steel Torc.
Mana max is item level/10. Vigor max is item level/10.
Resistances and defense max is roughly item level/15.
Weapon offense max is roughly 2/3 the item level.
Weapon type and elemental type damage max is item level/20
Stats obtained via heartstones can be slightly higher.
Prefix - Health, Vigor, Mana, damage increases, offense/defense increase
Suffix - Resistances, Primary Stats
Check Resistance for the types of resistance. For shard information, elemental damage/resists are acid, cold, fire, and shock while karma damage/resists are holy and unholy. All are a %increase.
- Armor gets weapon type resists, element resists, health, defense rating, vigor, and mana.
- Shields get weapon type resists, element resists, defense rating, vigor, health, Agility, and mana.
- Resist Rings get element damage, melee base damage, weapon damage, weapon type damage, offense rating, defense rating, element resists, karma resists, weapon type resists, Might, Aim, Agility, and mana.
- Weapons (excluding the Sword of Riija) get Might, Aim, Agility, melee base damage, weapon damage, and weapon type damage.
- Robes get mana, vigor, melee defense, weapon type resistance, element resistance, vigor, and elemental damage.
- Gloves get weapon type damage, element type damage, Mysticism, Intellect, and mana.
- Gauntlets get melee base damage, weapon type damage, element type damage, weapon type resists, elemental resists, unarmed damage, Mysticism, Intellect, and mana.
- Helmets get weapon type resistance, melee defense, vigor, mana, element type resistance, Agility, health, and weapon resistance.
- Circlets get melee defense, health, mana, vigor, elemental damage, Agility, elemental resistances, and weapon type resistances.
- Ivy Circlets get defense, health mana, vigor, holy damage, Agility, elemental resistances, and weapon type resistances.
- Jewel of Froz gets Intellect, weapon type resists, Mysticism, mana, element resists, vigor, karma damage, and element damage.
- Shirts and pants get Melee defense, weapon type resistances, and magic type resistances.
- Sword of Riija get weapon damage, melee offense, weapon type resistances, and elemental resistances.
- Berserker rings get weapon damage, melee offense, Might, Agility, unarmed damage, and Aim.
- Ao3 can get mana, vigor, weapon type damage, weapon damage, elemental type damage, weapon type resistances, elemental type resistances, karma resistances, Might, Agility, Aim, Intellect, Stamina, and Mysticism.
- Necklace of Jala can get mana, vigor, elemental damage, weapon type damage, unarmed damage, weapon type resistances, elemental resistances, karma resists, Agility, Might, and Aim.
- Lutes can get Mana, vigor, magic damage, elemental damage, karma resistance, elemental resistance, weapon type resistance, weapon type damage, Agility, Might, Aim, Intellect, and Mysticism.
- SotH get melee offense, weapon damage, weapon type damage, Might, Agility, and Aim.
Champion mobs drop more shards and they are of a higher level than standard mobs. However, many standard mobs in the desert will drop shards as part of their loot table. Champion desert mobs drop shards of empowerment, which can be split if you are a member of a guild with shard devices, or they could be traded to members of guilds. Of course, there's always using them. Shards are more common and of higher quality in the desert but the monsters are harder to kill. If you want to farm them, the desert is currently your best bet.